Staycation During The Pandemic | Evolve Back Resort -Coorg
Updated: Feb 16
"I want to be a responsible traveller, see more places in India and visit offbeat places around the world" - My diary entry on 31st of Dec 2019.
The world obviously had different plans for me. We had a beautifully laid out itinerary for 2 countries, a trip we had planned by spending much time building a perfect itinerary. We had told ourselves that we'll book tickets by end of February. Thanks to a few friends who were being extra cautious about this vague news they read on Twitter about a virus called COVID19, we held ourselves back. Who knew this deadly Pandemic was going to take over our lives and crush all the plans for the whole year?
Cut to post lockdown and we were looking so forward to stepping out of our home. It was our anniversary and we were choosing to go to a nice place with a private pool so we can just remain put inside a beautiful room and room service all our meals. We picked Evolve Back Resorts Coorg.
Before you go further, this is not a sponsored post. This was our experience and thoughts.
-Why was it amazing?
1) The room was very well sanitized and was very clean when we checked in. (One of the most important things to check before you go anywhere now)
2) The pool and the view from the room made us feel like we were in fact very close to nature and jumping into a pool has never felt this good. Oh also, it was a temperature-controlled pool.
3) The folks at Evolveback provided us with a link for food menu options . We could room service the food by looking at the dishes and their descriptions from our phones.
4) They had multiple places to sit and chill: A pair of easy chairs, an outdoor dining table set up, indoor dining table set up, a window sill, another comfortable place just outside our bedroom, a gazebo, a table and a chair and a pair of pool chairs so we never felt like we were chilling inside a room.
5) The coffee plantation tour on a 4*4 with their naturalist was one of our most favourite parts about our stay. They took us on a beautiful drive, spoke to us about the wild wild plantation at Evolve back, told us some fascinating stories about Coffee and surprised us by taking us to a deck with a 360-degree view of the plantation where we were served delicious coffee wine and rose apple juice made by the family who owned the estate. We had such a good time that morning! :)
The weekend we visit, all the 62 rooms were fully booked and half the people at the resort didn't care for the mask. Strongly urge you to not forget the mask. We aren't done with the pandemic yet and its not just you, but also their staff.
Evolve back Coorg was roughly 250 km from Bangalore
The room rate per night was Rs 25,000 (There was a sale going on) Inclusive of all the meals
You can order room service and you don't have to step out at all.
Check it out here: https://www.evolveback.com/
Will Evolve back Coorg be your next check in?